Since I´m still relatively new in the use of Mac OS I sometimes miss some Windows apps. One of these is Irfanview which is not natively available for Mac OS. But there´s a simple solution for that:
- Download and install Quarz – https://www.xquartz.org
- Download and install Wine – https://dl.winehq.org/wine-builds/macosx/download.html – I recommend using the Wine Stable installer. When installing be sure to activate the checkbox with the 64-bit support.
- Download Irfanview and extract it to a folder of your choice (e.g. Desktop/Downloads/Irfanview) – https://www.irfanview.com/64bit.htm – Be sure to download the ZIP version and NOT the installer.
- Optional – download Irfanview plugins and extract it into the plugins subfolder of the folder where you’ve extracted Irfanview (e.g. Desktop/Downloads/Irfanview/plugins) – https://www.irfanview.com/64bit.htm – Again be sure to download the ZIP version.
- Start Irfanview by double-clicking the irfanview.exe file in the Irfanview folder. Wine will then do its initial setup and needs to download Mono add-ons (required for .NET applications like Irfanview).
- After that Irfanview launches and you’re good to go.